Frequently Asked Questions
PAYMENT AND RATES
What are your cash rates if I don’t use insurance?
- Cash rates per session are $165 for therapists with clinical licenses. This includes Heather Shannon, LCPC and Cherish Hamilton-Tekautz, LCSW.
Do you accept my insurance?
- All therapists are in-network with BCBS PPO and Blue Choice PPO. This means Lotus Center submits claims to your insurance for you and you pay a co-pay or the full in-network rate until you hit your deductible. The in-network rate is discounted from our cash rates & we will tell you exactly what you’re responsible for paying once we have your insurance details. The best way to send is your details is to put your BCBS Member ID in the “Notes” section when you’re booking an appointment. The next best way would be to email the Member ID to info@LotusCenterChicago.com. We’ll check benefits for you and get back to you with how much you’ll owe per session. We strongly encourage you to call the phone number on your insurance member card to confirm your benefits. You are ultimately responsible for anything not covered by insurance after 60 days. Additionally, missed sessions and sessions cancelled with short notice are not covered by insurance.
- If you have another insurance company’s PPO plan, you may have out of network (OON) benefits. We are not able to access these for you, so please call the number on the back of your member ID card and ask about out of network outpatient psychotherapy visits. In the case of OON benefits, you will pay the cash rate and we will give you a Superbill receipt. Then you submit the Superbill to your insurance company for reimbursement. There is a company called Better that will help simplify the process of submitting your receipts for reimbursement.
- If you have an HMO plan, you will not be able to use any insurance benefits with Lotus Center. If you need an in-network provider, you would need to go through your Primary Care Physician (PCP) to get a referral.
Do you do phone/Skype sessions?
- These types of sessions can be done for coaching services, but generally not for psychotherapy. If you are one of the lucky few whose insurance covers “teletherapy” you may be eligible for video sessions using certain software IF both the therapist and the client are in the state of Illinois.
How do I make an appointment?
- If you would like to make a psychotherapy appointment, click the Book Appointment button on our website. This will guide you through our therapists’ schedules and availability.
- For psychotherapy appointments, please enter your form of payment in the notes section. Enter your insurance member ID number if you’ll be using BCBS PPO or Blue Choice PPO insurance. Otherwise, specify that you will be paying cash or using out of network insurance.
Do I need a printer to complete the paperwork?
- No, we use IntakeQ for our intake forms and you can complete them all online using HIPAA compliant, secure, cloud-based software.
Do I need to provide my credit card information on the billing policy?
- Yes, we need to keep a credit card on file in case of outstanding balances. Don’t worry about surprises though–we always notify clients before we charge for any additional fees. We will also use this card for your normal, customary charges including co-pays and deductibles.
How thorough do I have to be with my answers?
- Do your best to give us a sense of what is going on, but don’t answer something if you’re not comfortable. You can always indicate that you’d rather discuss in person instead.
Do you treat XYZ condition? Do you work with someone in XYZ situation?
- Usually yes, but please read the staff bios to get a sense of what our specialty areas are. In the case that you are not sure, feel free to reach out for a 15-minute phone consult with the therapist of your choice. If we are not the best fit for you, we are happy to refer you elsewhere.
Do you do couples counseling?
- Currently Heather Shannon, LCPC is available for couples counseling. She has completed the Gottman Level I training and is well-versed in Attachment Theory.
Do you work with children and families?
- No, we work only with teens and adults and recommend WatchHill Therapy, InnerLife Chicago and Healing Space Therapy for these services.