Lotus Center is a holistically focused mental health practice that helps “Type A” professionals and entrepreneurs stress less, stay productive and enjoy their lives more. We’re based in Wicker Park and offer individual, couples, and family psychotherapy, as well as health and mindfulness coaching packages. Our clients are typically young professionals in the 25-40 range. Our clinical emphasis is on anxiety, relationships and addictive/compulsive behaviors.
Our current team is AWESOME and you should be too! People that fit well here tend to be driven, have a background in business or an interest in learning about the business end of what we do, love to learn about the clinical stuff, come up with creative ideas and have a bit of a renegade attitude underneath their respectful demeanor. We are a casual, yet highly professional bunch. We support each other and work as a team to succeed. Sometimes this includes a lively debate of areas where we disagree.
A sense of humor is also a must. Our group brings a sense of lightheartedness to our interactions with each other and our work with clients. Mental health can, indeed, be fun! We don’t like to have pointless meetings or waste your time, so we only schedule them as needed and end them early when possible.
Our little community is a place where you can make suggestions, offer opinions, feel heard and be respected. Because our sense of community is so important to us, we seek out other people who are looking to jump in and make this their primary place of employment. Typically clinicians start out gradually building their caseload and then make the leap to full time (20 or more clients per week). We also accept applications all the time– hint, hint!
It’s more important that we get the right people on board than that we stick to any particular timeline. So drop us a line (resume and cover letter) when the timing’s right for you.
We want to know about you and what makes you tick when it comes to your career, so tell us about yourself in your cover letter. We already know you want to help people and have experience working with anxiety and depression. What else can you tell me?
Have you chosen a particular specialty? What does “holistic” mean to you when it comes to mental health? How do you walk the walk in terms of a healthy lifestyle? How do you incorporate nutrition, fitness, mindfulness, spirituality and/or mind-body techniques into your clinical work? Do you have any unique training that might be of interest? What could you bring to our team or add to our offerings? What do you value in a workplace?
We look forward to hearing from you and getting to know each other!
Current Positions Available
- MD in psychiatry, advanced nurse practitioner, or Master’s/doctoral degree in social work, counseling, psychology or a related field
- Licensure in Illinois
- Experience in a holistic/integrative or mind-body technique or therapy–please explain this in your cover letter.
- Able to work weekends to start. If you are transitioning from another full-time job, the expectation is that you’d immediately be able to block out a minimum of 10 hours per week for shifts at Lotus Center. Caseloads will start small, with the opportunity to grow into full-time.
- Must make an effort to take good care of your own health. We believe in leading by example.
- Good computer skills–we use Dropbox, Google Calendar, TherapyNotes, Basecamp, etc–everything is in the cloud!
- Organized, professional, conscientious, timely and responsible.
- Experience leading group therapy or psychoeducational workshops
- Expertise/interest in couples counseling
- Certification/training in yoga therapy, EMDR, sensorimotor, massage/bodywork background and/or functional medicine background, Hakomi or other mind-body modality. At the moment, we are specifically looking with someone who is licensed in IL (a plus is to be EMDR certified).
- Experience working with a demographic similar to our client population
- Experience treating addiction and/or compulsive thinking & behaviors
- At least five years post-master’s clinical experience
- To provide individual, couples and group psychotherapy
- To complete electronic notes and track client payments in a timely fashion
- Access to monthly peer consultation
- Access to professional development
- Referrals and marketing help to build caseload
- Freedom to develop your own group programs, workshops,and other initiatives which we will help promote
- Large, comfortable office space with all the amenities and equipment you need
- Office admin will look up client benefits for you and submit your claims
- A workplace that values self-care, and reinforces healthy habits
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
Other Important Information:
We want to know about you and what makes you tick when it comes to your career, so tell us about yourself in your cover letter. We already know you want to help people and have experience working with anxiety and depression. What else can you tell me? Have you chosen a particular specialty? What does “holistic” mean to you when it comes to mental health? Perhaps most importantly, how do you walk the walk in terms of a healthy lifestyle? And how do you incorporate nutrition, fitness, mindfulness, spirituality and/or mind-body techniques into your clinical work? Do you have any unique training that might be of interest? What could you bring to our team or add to our offerings? What do you value in a workplace?
Please be aware we are in network with BCBS PPO panel and prefer not to be in-network with any other insurance panels. This is an employee position. Please send resumes and cover letters to Heather Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org. We ask that you refrain from making phone calls or in-person visits regarding the position. Thank you.
Recurring Tasks (approx 3 hrs/week):
- Client and Rate data tracking
- Note aging Reports
- Office tasks (take out recycling/garbage, water plants, wipe off counters, etc.)
- Sort mail
- Submit insurance claims
- Add new client email addresses to mailchimp
Projects (any hours left after the recurring tasks are done):
- Send exit survey to exiting clients
- Send current client surveys
- Label/organize storage closet & conference room
- Upload intake docs for Heather’s clients
- Rent conference room on Dabble
- Scan paper files and upload to GDrive
- Order key for other file cabinet
- Order copy of fee schedule and submit direct deposit forms for BCBS.
- Update monthly payroll numbers in spreadsheet
- Social media posts (if time permits)
- Modify/improve vitamin and essential oil booklets for the lobby
- Set up coupon codes for supplements
- Create menu of products and prices in Square for self-checkout tablet.
- Advertise promotions for supplements/oils
- Educate email list about online ordering for oils/supplements.
- Set up list of items for purchase in Square
- Maintain inventory of supplements and oils.
- Find someone to fix broken chair in storage closet.
- Converting CD’s and DVD’s to digital files (MP3’s and MP4’s)
- Put up 2nd bulletin board in lobby to advertise supplements.
- Name Stock Photos in Google Drive folder
10 hours per week. 11am-1pm Monday through Friday, ideally. Can adjust by one hour either way (10am-12pm or 12pm-2pm) but need to commit to a consistent schedule.
Pay & Perks
- Wholesale prices for supplements and essential oils
- Can attend any Lotus groups for free as space permits
Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. In your cover letter, let us know how you’ve demonstrated good time management and organization skills in the past & why you’re interested in holistic health.