Lotus Center is a holistic mental health practice dedicated to helping “Type A” professionals, creatives, empaths and entrepreneurs to feel their best through a mind, body, spirit approach.
We offer research-based psychotherapy, yoga, health coaching, genetic analysis, mindfulness & holistic group programming to help clients optimize their mind, biochemistry and way of relating to the world.
We’re based in Noble Square and offer individual and couples counseling, as well as yoga, health and mindfulness coaching packages. Our clients reflect the neighborhood we are in and are typically college-educated and in the 20-50 year old age range. They are a diverse group including Caucasian, Hispanic, African-American and Asian clients with a spectrum of sexual and gender orientations. Our clinical emphasis is on anxiety, relationships and addictive/compulsive behaviors.
Our current team is AWESOME and you should be too! People that fit well here tend to be driven, love to learn about the clinical stuff, come up with creative ideas and have a bit of a counter-culture attitude underneath their respectful demeanor. We seek to be change-makers. We are a casual, yet highly professional bunch. We support each other and work as a team to succeed. Sometimes this includes a lively debate of areas where we disagree . . . but more often than not we are on the same page.
A sense of humor is also a must. Our group brings a sense of lightheartedness to our interactions with each other and our work with clients. Mental health can, indeed, be fun! We don’t like to have pointless meetings or waste your time, so we focus our weekly meetings on areas that will make your job easier or more rewarding.
Our little community is a place where you can make suggestions, offer opinions, feel heard and be respected. Because our sense of community is so important to us, we seek out other people who are looking to jump in and make this their primary place of employment. Typically clinicians start out gradually building their caseload and then make the leap to full time (20+ clients per week).
Because of this gradual phasing in (as is the case at any private practice) and the time it takes to add licensed clinicians to the insurance panel, we recommend planning financially for the transition. Some therapists have spouses or partners that can support them. Others continue at their current employment until they hit a critical mass of clients at Lotus Center. And still others pick up temporary employment in restaurants, walking dogs or working as assistants while building their caseloads. Lotus Center also has a limited amount of administrative and marketing work available at $20/hr that is available to new hires to help them make the transition to full-time clinical work. We are happy to help you come up with a transition plan that makes sense for you!
To apply for any position, send your cover letter and resume/CV to Heather Shannon at info@LotusCenterChicago.com.
Current Positions Available
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy or a related field that qualifies you for licensure in Illinois.
- Make an effort to take good care of your own health. We believe in leading by example.
- Demonstrated interest in holistic healthcare techniques including practices like yoga, meditation, nutrition, genetics, fitness, art, dance/movement, energy work, functional medicine, chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, etc.
- Conscientious and timely with completing administrative requirements (i.e. notes, payment tracking), following up on tasks assigned at meetings, showing up to meetings on time and responding to business emails.
- Have your own a laptop and be very comfortable with technology and Google Drive. Employees use their own laptops at work & there will not be specialized training on GDrive or basic technology skills.
- There are three positions open. You must be able to work at least 1 weekend day as well as 1 weekday evening to start. Starting schedules will closely approximate the following based on currently available office space. It is also easy to add in day-time shifts. Schedules can become much more flexible over time and can gradually be customized to your liking once your caseload is full. For those transitioning from full-time jobs, it is possible to start with just the weekend and evening slots.
Position 1: Tuesdays 12pm-9pm, Fridays 9am-6pm, Saturdays 9am-5pm
Position 2: Thursdays 12pm-9pm, Fridays 9am-6pm, Sundays 9am-5pm
Position 3: Thursdays 12pm-9pm, Fridays 9am-6pm, Saturdays 9am-5pm
Bonus Points for:
- CADC, EMDR, Sensorimotor, Somatic Experiencing or Addictions expertise
- Interest and/or experience in counseling couples. You will be required to have completed training in couples counseling before actually working with any couples. This training can be provided by Lotus Center if you don’t have any yet.
- Speaking Spanish well enough to be able to conduct counseling sessions in Spanish.
- Weekly staff meetings, which include clinical development
- Access to professional development library
- $650 annual stipend for approved professional development (pro-rated and based on full-time employment)
- Weekly supervision for those working toward clinical licensure
- Referrals and marketing to build your caseload
- Freedom to develop your own group programs, workshops,and other initiatives which we will help promote
- Large, comfortable office space with all the amenities and equipment you need
- A workplace that values self-care, and reinforces healthy habits
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
- High professional and personable coworkers
- Convenient storefront location with free parking nearby
We want to know about you and what makes you tick when it comes to your career, so tell us about yourself in your cover letter. We already know you want to help people and have experience working with anxiety and depression. What else can you tell us? Have you chosen a particular specialty? What does “holistic” mean to you when it comes to mental health? Perhaps most importantly, how do you walk the walk in terms of a healthy lifestyle? And how do you incorporate nutrition, fitness, mindfulness, spirituality and/or mind-body techniques into your clinical work? Do you have any unique training that might be of interest? What could you bring to our team or add to our offerings? What do you value in a workplace?
Please be aware that Lotus Center is in network with BCBS PPO and Blue Choice PPO. Unlicensed clinicians can bill under their supervisor from Day 1 and get reimbursed for sessions with insurance clients. Those with their own LPC/LSW licenses must go through an application to be added to the group contract, which may take 2-3 months. Processing time varies and is ultimately out of our control. During the estimated 2-3 months while the application is pending, clinicians can see insurance clients and get paid retroactively after their insurance panel application is processed. Newly hired clinicians, licensed or unlicensed, can also see cash clients on a sliding scale basis, for which they will be paid immediately.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Heather Shannon. We ask that you refrain from making phone calls, sending follow-up emails or making in-person visits regarding the position. Thank you.
We are truly excited to find the right fit and bring you onto our team!