Lotus Center is a holistic mental health practice dedicated to helping “Type A” professionals, creatives, empaths and entrepreneurs to feel their best through a mind, body, spirit approach.
We offer research-based psychotherapy, yoga, health coaching, genetic analysis, mindfulness & holistic group programming to help clients optimize their mind, biochemistry and way of relating to the world.
We’re based in Noble Square and offer individual and couples counseling, as well as yoga, health and mindfulness coaching packages. Our clients reflect the neighborhood we are in and are typically college-educated and in the 20-50 year old age range. They are a diverse group including Caucasian, Hispanic, African-American and Asian clients with a spectrum of sexual and gender orientations. Our clinical emphasis is on anxiety, relationships and addictive/compulsive behaviors.
Our current team is AWESOME and you should be too! People that fit well here tend to be driven, love to learn about the clinical stuff, come up with creative ideas and have a bit of a counter-culture attitude underneath their respectful demeanor. We seek to be change-makers. We are a casual, yet highly professional bunch. We support each other and work as a team to succeed. Sometimes this includes a lively debate of areas where we disagree . . . but more often than not we are on the same page.
A sense of humor is also a must. Our group brings a sense of lightheartedness to our interactions with each other and our work with clients. Mental health can, indeed, be fun! We don’t like to have pointless meetings or waste your time, so we focus our weekly meetings on areas that will make your job easier or more rewarding.
Our little community is a place where you can make suggestions, offer opinions, feel heard and be respected. Because our sense of community is so important to us, we seek out other people who are looking to jump in and make this their primary place of employment. Typically clinicians start out gradually building their caseload and then make the leap to full time (20+ clients per week).
Because of this gradual phasing in (as is the case at any private practice) and the time it takes to add licensed clinicians to the insurance panel, we recommend planning financially for the transition. Some therapists have spouses or partners that can support them. Others continue at their current employment until they hit a critical mass of clients at Lotus Center. And still others pick up temporary employment in restaurants, walking dogs or working as assistants while building their caseloads. Lotus Center also has a limited amount of administrative and marketing work available at $20/hr that is available to new hires to help them make the transition to full-time clinical work. We are happy to help you come up with a transition plan that makes sense for you!
To apply for any position, send your cover letter and resume/CV to Heather Shannon at info@LotusCenterChicago.com.
Current Positions Available
- Master’s or Doctorate Degree in Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy or a related field that qualifies you for licensure in Illinois.
- Make an effort to take good care of your own health. We believe in leading by example.
- Demonstrated interest in holistic healthcare techniques including practices like yoga, meditation, nutrition, genetics, fitness, art, dance/movement, energy work, functional medicine, chiropractic, acupuncture, massage, etc.
- Conscientious and timely with completing administrative requirements (i.e. notes, payment tracking), following up on tasks assigned at meetings, showing up to meetings on time and responding to business emails.
- Have your own a laptop and be very comfortable with technology and Google Drive. Employees use their own laptops at work & there will not be specialized training on GDrive or basic technology skills.
- There are three positions open. You must be able to work at least 1 weekend day as well as 1 weekday evening to start. Starting schedules will closely approximate the following based on currently available office space. It is also easy to add in day-time shifts. Schedules can become much more flexible over time and can gradually be customized to your liking once your caseload is full. For those transitioning from full-time jobs, it is possible to start with just the weekend and evening slots.
Position 1: Tuesdays 12pm-9pm, Fridays 9am-6pm, Saturdays 9am-5pm
Position 2: Thursdays 12pm-9pm, Fridays 9am-6pm, Sundays 9am-5pm
Position 3: Thursdays 12pm-9pm, Fridays 9am-6pm, Saturdays 9am-5pm
Bonus Points for:
- CADC, EMDR, Sensorimotor, Somatic Experiencing or Addictions expertise
- Interest and/or experience in counseling couples. You will be required to have completed training in couples counseling before actually working with any couples. This training can be provided by Lotus Center if you don’t have any yet.
- Speaking Spanish well enough to be able to conduct counseling sessions in Spanish.
- Weekly staff meetings, which include clinical development
- Access to professional development library
- $650 annual stipend for approved professional development (pro-rated and based on full-time employment)
- Weekly supervision for those working toward clinical licensure
- Referrals and marketing to build your caseload
- Freedom to develop your own group programs, workshops,and other initiatives which we will help promote
- Large, comfortable office space with all the amenities and equipment you need
- A workplace that values self-care, and reinforces healthy habits
- Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
- High professional and personable coworkers
- Convenient storefront location with free parking nearby
We want to know about you and what makes you tick when it comes to your career, so tell us about yourself in your cover letter. We already know you want to help people and have experience working with anxiety and depression. What else can you tell us? Have you chosen a particular specialty? What does “holistic” mean to you when it comes to mental health? Perhaps most importantly, how do you walk the walk in terms of a healthy lifestyle? And how do you incorporate nutrition, fitness, mindfulness, spirituality and/or mind-body techniques into your clinical work? Do you have any unique training that might be of interest? What could you bring to our team or add to our offerings? What do you value in a workplace?
Please be aware that Lotus Center is in network with BCBS PPO and Blue Choice PPO. Unlicensed clinicians can bill under their supervisor from Day 1 and get reimbursed for sessions with insurance clients. Those with their own LPC/LSW licenses must go through an application to be added to the group contract, which may take 2-3 months. Processing time varies and is ultimately out of our control. During the estimated 2-3 months while the application is pending, clinicians can see insurance clients and get paid retroactively after their insurance panel application is processed. Newly hired clinicians, licensed or unlicensed, can also see cash clients on a sliding scale basis, for which they will be paid immediately.
Please send resumes and cover letters to Heather Shannon. We ask that you refrain from making phone calls, sending follow-up emails or making in-person visits regarding the position. Thank you.
We are truly excited to find the right fit and bring you onto our team!
The Office Assistant’s role is to maintain the physical space of the office as well as assist in digital organization and marketing activities.
In terms of the physical space, the goal is generally to keep the office tidy, minimalist, purposeful and organized. It should be tidy in the sense that there should not be items strewn about or left out of place. It should be minimalist in that we should be actively using the items we have and actively selling or donating items we are not using. It should be purposeful in the sense that retail displays are easy for clients to access and materials explaining products and allowing clients to interact with products (essential oils) are clear, attractive and in the right location for easy access. The office should be organized in that everything should have its place and it should be clearly labeled where items go so that staff does not subvert the organizational system.
In addition to maintaining the physical office space, the Office Assistant will work online in Google Drive and Mailchimp to keep our office organized digitally, solicit feedback from clients and to help us solicit feedback from clients. Our ideal office assistant will also help us develop our brand through social media. Familiarity and expertise with G Suite, Google Drive, Mailchipm, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter are a plus!
- Client and Rate data tracking
- Run note aging & insurance aging reports
- Sorting mail
- Light office cleaning (wipe off counters, keep bathroom clean, vacuuming, monthly washing of kitchen/bathroom towels)
- Sort mail
- Create, rotate and maintain beautiful, branded bulletin boards
- Scan, upload and digitally organize documents
- File paper documents
- Add new client email addresses to Mailchimp email list
- Find pictures for social media
- Send exit survey to exiting clients monthly
- Send current client surveys quarterly
- Washing bathroom/kitchen towels monthly (laudromat is directly across the street)
Projects (any hours left after the recurring tasks are done):
- Label/organize storage closet & conference room
- Upload/transfer electronic documents as needed
- Order copy of fee schedule and submit direct deposit forms for BCBS.
- Converting CD’s and DVD’s to digital files (MP3’s and MP4’s)
- Put up 2nd bulletin board in lobby to advertise supplements.
- Name Stock Photos in Google Drive folder
10-15 hours per week, somewhat flexible.
Weekly meeting or check-in with Facilities Supervisor–time for this can be agreed upon/discussed during the interview process.
Pay & Perks
- Wholesale prices for supplements and essential oils
- Can attend any weekly or monthly classes/workshops for free, as space permits
Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, let us know how you’ve demonstrated good time management and organization skills in the past & why you’re interested in holistic health.
The Lotus Center clinical masters-level internship is a 20-hour a week position that starts July 1st of 2018 and ends June 30th of 2019. While there is some flexibility in these dates based on varying requirements from graduate schools, we have a year-round internship to allow clients to transfer smoothly from one intern to the next.
The clinical focus of the internship is on learning holistic modalities such as yoga, meditation, mindfulness, essential oils, nutrition and genetics. Most importantly, you will also develop confidence and strength as a therapist in a private practice setting. Our clients are typically young professionals in the 25-40 year old range who are dealing with a variety of clinical issues including anxiety, relationship concerns, depression, stress and work/life balance, trauma, and addictive/compulsive behaviors. You will also have some exposure to the business side of a private practice, as well.
Supervision for the 2018-2019 school year will be provided by Cher Hamilton-Tekautz, LCSW. Cher has a background in yoga-informed and trauma-informed psychotherapy as well as a certification in alternative medicine modalities. She also leads a monthly workshop on essential oils and loves using them with clients.
This internship is a great fit for independent, self starters with a high level of professionalism. While you will be supported at all turns, we are looking for someone who can have a healthy degree of self-reliance, problem solving and critical thinking skills. In our ideal world, we are looking for an intern who can become a colleague upon graduation. Because of this, we look for someone who can display an openness to learning while also having the confidence to ask questions or express an opinion respectfully. Career-changers with previous full-time work history are often a great fit for us and are encouraged to apply.
During the 20-hr/week internship, you can expect to spend your time as follows:
Clinical, Direct (10 hours per week):
- See clients 1-on-1
- Attend and ssist with groups & presentations (mindfulness, nutrition, fitness, style, acceptance)
Non-Direct Clinical (5):
- Weekly clinical supervision
- Weekly business/consultation meeting with other therapists
- Client notes & treatment planning
Non-Direct, Non-Clinical (5) :
- Social media
- Email newsletter management (Mailchimp)
- Marketing workshops & groups
To apply, please send your CVs/resumes, cover letters and 3-4 references to email@example.com. Applications open February 1st and close February 28th, 2018.